My fellow blogger and Paris contact Mary Kay has passed along The Versatile Blogger award to me. What it really means I do not know, it seems more like a chain letter than an Oscar or Nobel, but it does come with a fun caveat: to share 7 fun facts about myself which are not already posted within my blog. So, here goes:
1. I am a counter, instinctively and quickly I count the number of stairs I'm going up, or the number of people in a line, the stems in a bunch, the timing of a pour of wine, the number of tiles on a wall. I don't retain the number for any length of time, I just count.
2. I grew up in Mayberry, NC, home to the original Andy Griffith series of my childhood. His great aunt and uncle owned and ran the country store where we bought penny candy from jars and pop for a dime, maybe even a nickle.
3. Joan Rivers, the American comedienne, has seen me in my hole-y socks. She arrived, unexpectedly, to a cocktail party after the guests and my employers had left for dinner. I was in the far reaches of the house when I heard mysterious voices from the front of the house and quickly scurried, without shoes, to see what was happening. As this was at Christmas time, she later remarked to my employers, "I know what you can get Joseph for Christmas--new socks." It was a good laugh.
4. My doodles are like ribbons falling aloft. See the illustration. I still love writing in cursive line although it is sometimes a challenge for my family and friends to read. I have had letters returned to me for re-interpretation.
5. On the theme of script writing, I sign my name on all official documents backwards--from the last letter of my last name to the first letter of my first name. It's now become more a trope than spelling of my name, but it is always done from right to left.
6. And about my name, my middle name is a single letter.
7. I am the last recipient of this award. Thank you.